Our best selling Success Guide…Retail Math – Made Simple is now in its 3rd Edition!
We’ve added Vendor Scorecards, a fully explained Profit & Loss Statement and a Retail Math Quiz.
And the best part is…for now, the price stays the same at only $17.95 for the electronic version and $29.95 for the print version.
You can purchase it right here: http://www.dmsretail.com/retailmathbook.htm
We know that thousands of you already own Retail Math – Made Simple and we can just hear you saying “But, I already bought it!” Don’t worry, we won’t let you down. You get a free electronic upgrade.
If you are a Retail Math – Made Simple customer, just send an email to: email@example.com and ask us to send you the free upgrade.
Now, for that Holiday Tip #4 – What are your plans for keeping everyone sane this holiday season?
This is the time of year when many retail people might start to get a little testy. They are doing everything – and then some – and sometimes they just want to throw up their hands and leave!
Of course, they don’t really want to leave but they may get frustrated. Face it, life is pretty interesting…sometimes crazy… in retail stores in December. Start now and plan to make sure everyone has some fun.
Here are some things you can do to help:
- Arrange a pot luck lunch for the busiest days. Have everyone bring something to contribute, supply paper plates and cutlery and let everyone have a relaxing lunch in the backroom so they don’t have to fight the food court wars.
- Put a motivational note or card in their backroom mailbox just to remind them that someone appreciates their efforts.
- Bring treats for staff to munch on during their breaks.
- Run a contest where the winner gets to go home a little early without cleaning and closing up the store. If you run a contest like this every day, the other staff will happily pick up the slack because they know they could be the lucky winner the next day.
- And don’t forget the pat on the back for a job well done. Thank your people often and sincerely.
All the Success!
PS: These two workshops will be held in Phoenix, Arizona in January 2012…after the madness, and just in time to get a jumpstart for the new year. You can use these links to get dates, fees, who should attend, what’s included, etc.
The Retail Operations Management G.O.L.D. Workshop:
The Retail District Management G.O.L.D. Workshop: